I pray that during the season of Epiphany the Light of God’s Love in Christ is shining brightly for you and the people you serve.
I’m writing to you as the new chair of the board for the Minnesota Council of Churches. This organization and its work is familiar to us all throughout the state of Minnesota. The organization’s current CEO, Peg Chemberlin has made plans to retire from her role after nearly two decades of service to the ecumenical movement in Minnesota; helping our congregations live out their faith in community.
A search committee, comprised of board members of the Council, has been selected and are working with an executive search firm (CohenTaylor) to search for a new leader. A revised strategic framework has been put in place and competencies of a new leader are emphasized in the position profile.
Please see the below profile—requesting your help to send it to individuals you feel would be an appropriate match to the competencies we’re looking for in a new Chief Executive Officer. Our committee believes strongly that candidates will come from our networks that are part of our member congregations and as identified by us as leaders.
Please give this your careful thought and invite other leaders among you to consider this opportunity. Candidates are being asked to contact CohenTaylor directly by sending application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who may wish to have a preliminary conversation with our consultants may contact them directly at 612-354-5760.
May the peace and joy of Christ fill your heart and life.
Steven H. Delzer
President, Minnesota Council of Churches Board
Bishop, Southeastern Minnesota Synod, ELCA
The Chief Executive Officer of the Minnesota Council of Churches is responsible to provide for the general oversight and implementation of the purpose of the Council as articulated in the Articles of Incorporation and as interpreted by the board of directors.
- Strategic Direction
- Constituency Development
- Program Oversight and Development
- Staff Oversight and Human Resources Management
- Financial Oversight
- Facilities Management
- Fund Development
- Communications and Public Relations
- Ecumenical Relations
- Accomplished Executive and Civic Leader
- Knowledge of and experience in fund development and fundraising tools, including grant writing.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, non-profit organizations with vision in service to an ecumenical mission.
- Ability to deliver consistent organizational excellence.
- Proven strength in building collaborations among diverse groups.
- Acknowledged sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, and religious diversity.
- Engaging, committed, and passionate leader.
- Dedicated to leading, with the board and key stakeholders, in a way that manifests the organization's narrative for excellence, purpose, and promise
- Member in good standing of one of the Council member constituent judicatories.
- Demonstrate capacity to manage similar sized organization.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Proven track record of providing personnel oversight and management.
- Accomplished working in diverse faith settings and with strong cultural competency.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate from a theologically informed perspective.
- Strong external presence with demonstration of excellent communication skills—both written and oral.
- Career history of building and developing a strong management team.
- Theologically trained.
- Demonstrated commitment to the ecumenical movement.
- Ordained and in good standing in a member denomination.
Download the MCC CEO Position Profile here. (.pdf)
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
We are pleased to offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Gold Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employer contributing retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
MCC Employment Application Form