Immigration Administrative Assistant
In this role, the volunteer will work closely with the Immigration Services Coordinator to assist with office tasks related to immigration.
- Provide general office assistance on copying, mailing, case management, filing, and entering clients’ information into the program database system.
- Sometimes assist with package and mail application to USCIS.
- Sometimes assist with inquiries about pending immigration applications and other related matters.
- Scan files, rename, and electronically file clients’ notices and case files.
- Open USCIS notices and enter case notes into the database for AOR cases, family petition cases, and immigration cases.
- Call clients to remind them of appointments, provide status updates, and confirm green card receipt.
- Scan completion I-485 applications and electronically file the documents.
- Shred scanned documents and closed cases.
- Sometimes assist with address change update on the USCIS website for clients pending cases.
- Sometimes assist with completion of I-485 & N-400 applications with clients.
Commitment: The position would require a 5-10 hour a week commitment.
- Experience in office work setting and administrative work
- Experience working with refugees or other new immigrants
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills and knowledge of computer
- This individual must be detail-oriented, ensuring that database records are kept at the standard required for the State audit.
Location: The Minnesota Council of Churches’ Refugee Services office, 122 W. Franklin Ave. in Minneapolis.