Thank you for your interest in working for the Minnesota Council of Churches.
We are pleased to offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Gold Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employer contributing retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free parking
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
- Co-Director of Racial Justice
Title: Co-Director for Racial Justice
Employment Status: Full- Time (1.0 FTE), Regular, exempt
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: The Minnesota Council of Churches is a premiere statewide council constituted by its 27 member Historical Black Church, Mainline Protestant, Pentecostal, and Orthodox judicatories. Program growth and expansion has broadened the Council’s reach and capacity to fulfill its mission to manifest the unity in the body of Christ, and to build the common good in the world.
PURPOSE: The Co-Director participates with the other Co-Director of Racial Justice, the CEO and Program Team in the research, design, and evaluation of assigned programs/projects. The position oversees the development of programs in Racial Justice, and oversees the day-to-day implementation and evaluation of the programs/projects. The Co-Directors design and lead the new truth and reparations initiative.
The position provides oversite to program managers/coordinators/assistants, as well as volunteers.
The Program Director partners with the fund development for these program areas,and manages financial budgeting/reporting for programs in this area. The Program Director participates in the creation of public messaging of the program, and is responsible for the implementation of that messaging in cooperation with MCC Director of Communications in social media, website, and the Council’s e-newsletter. The Program Director may represent the Council and the programs/projects in outside coalitions and groups, and may be called upon to speak on behalf of the Council and the program.
- Research areas relevant to the program design and implementation
- Lead design of the program with CEO
- Develop work plans and timelines
Program Funding and Financial Management
- Work with the CEO on fund development
- Contribute content for grant proposals
- Work with the Controller and executive staff on budgeting and financial reporting.
Program Partners, Relationships, Staffing
- Build relationships with other programs and sectors working in the content area of the project
- Recruit, schedule and mentor contract facilitators
- Oversee the program coordinators or assistants, interns, volunteers
- Implement programs according to the design (goals and timeline)
Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Develop and oversee the implementing of evaluation tools
- Compile and prepare final evaluation report, as requested by CEO
Program Public Relations and Communications
- Participate in the creation of public messaging of the program
- Implement that messaging in cooperation with MCC Director of Communications in social media, website, and the Council’s e-newsletter.
- Represent program to other areas of the council and the board of directors.
- Represent the Minnesota Council of Churches at community events, meetings, and workshops to promote the MCC program
- Be an active and supportive member of Program Team
- Be an active and supportive member of MCC All Staff Team
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, academic work in religious studies or theology preferred; graduate degree preferred
- Experience in community organizing
- Experience in program direction
- Extensive experience in working within the faith community
- Experience with the topic area of the project
- Demonstrated awareness of current events and issues that would affect the work of the Council
- Experience convening and facilitating meetings, making presentations and public speaking
- Experience with volunteer management and mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, bringing people together around common concerns
- Demonstrated success working with the constituency of the MCC, especially with Black, Indigenous, and People of Color and people of diverse religious backgrounds
- Successful experience managing/directing goal oriented planning and outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of communication media, print, broadcast, web, social media
- Self-starter and self-directed worker, and good team player
- High level imagination and possibilities thinker
- Organized and able to manage/direct the work of others
- Valid Driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Ability to maintain healthy boundaries
- Ability to work on a statewide basis, traveling as needed to accomplish position responsibilities
- Minimum of five years of experience in a program management or similar role
- Passion for racial justice and the work of MCC
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity and inclusion lens
- Experience in non-profit settings with governance structures
- Demonstrated experience with historically Black churches and deep networks in Black communities
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt, regular position. Starting salary range is $72,000 – 75,000. Benefits include medical insurance, dental, life, retirement, sick and safe leave, vacation, and holiday benefits as provided by MCC human resources policy.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Normal office conditions. This position works out of MCC’s office at 122 West Franklin Avenue in Minneapolis. Job duties are performed primarily during the weekday business hours, with occasional weekend or evenings.